Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Awhile back I signed us up for one of those time share deals. You know the type listen to there two hour spill and then get a two night stay for free. I thought it would be a great time for Rogers and I to get away.

First thing Sunday we head to Park City we arrive at the Canyons Resort and it is beautiful. They give us a key to some underground private parking and then we head to the lecture. We meet with Mike who is a really nice guy he tells us to get some lunch from this little buffet they have set up and then he starts the talk. It all sounds wonderful you can stay in all of these really nice places, share your time with family and friends. It all sounds awesome and I really wanted to do it, it was something that we though we could afford and might be really fun. Mike then takes us around the resort showing us all the fun and exciting things that you can do while you stay there and then he shows us the rooms they are so nice, decorated to the nines and includes all the amenities that a person could ever need.

Well in the end we tell him that it is really not something that we can do right now with the economy the way it is. I mean really it is kind of scary right now. I just can't get myself locked into something when I don't know what it is going to be like in the next few years.

Then it happened we checked into our room and it was so tiny. You had to wiggle the luggage in in door because of the sofa and kitchenette in the room which lead right into the bathroom and then right to the bed.
I told Rogers the best thing about it was just that we get to get away and it really didn't cost us that much $$$$$.

I was pretty sure that I could lay in the bed and put my feet in the sink.


We did spend the day in Salt Lake and if you have not been to the Body Worlds and the Leonardo you need to go it was the most awesome thing. I have attached the link in case you don't know what it is. http://theleonardo.org/bodyworlds/index.php

This was amazing. I would go back with anyone that wants to see it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wonder if you had said YES... your room would have been better.... hahahahah like oh yes,well I got THIS room for you... no well you get THIS room...and guess what I am going to Body Worlds this Sat. after Craft class!!!! I will put it on my blog:)