Monday, June 8, 2009

Victory over Cancer

I have an amazing sister. For the second year in a row she has rode in the Little Red Riding Hood bike tour. This is a group of 2600 women that peddle a bike for 80 miles. She is amazing.


She started in Wellsville UT and half way took her to Lewiston UT, where they are given lunch and a little rest. (not long, you don't want to start cramping up). Then back on the road, weaving through Cache Valley back to Wellsville.

Huntyr did not like the wolf - He was scared

And she is off

Lucky for me my house sits on 600 S in Logan that is the rode that is the long stretch for her. I told her to tell me when she was at the pit stop in Benson so that I could start watching for her to come by. This year Rog waited out on the street with me so that I didn't feel like the $2.00 whore I was last year. I did get one cat call (thanks Charee). She was tired when she got to my street but only stopped long enough to blow her nose. Then she was off again

Here she is for her stop passing by my house

Catching a last drink before she is off again

We headed to Wellsville shortly after she left our house she only had 16 miles left. Once in Wellsville Rog and I waited with Josh and Huntyr for her to cross the finish line.

She did it in 2 1/2 hours faster than last year.

Way to go Pookie, thanks for riding for my "Victory over Cancer"


She crosses the finish line


And gets Lai'd with Flowers

Kristina, Huntyr & Josh

5 comments:

Nyman's said...

It was worth it, thanks for being there for me, supporting me all the time. You are an amazing sister and I couldn't ask for anyone better. The watch you made me I love, thank you.

love from the sista

Angie said...

Wow I'm tired just thinking about the ride! What an amazing sister you have. I always wished I had, had a sister! I beat your so grateful for her in your life!!! I sure would be!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

i have always been so proud of you since marjene told me you had cancer...how hard that would be at such a young age. you are awesome and so it your sis for doing this for you...and for HER!! what a woman!! you did look hot on the side of the road...wish you were there more often, when i drive by!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! I've seen this bike race for two years now and wondered what is was all about, I'm amazed at all the women who do this, it's GREAT!!! Way to go to your sister, what an accomplishment!:D

Anonymous said...

Kandi, glad for the update... "Victory over Cancer" ...seriously made me cry. I could feel the love that you have for your sister. Sisters are wonderful! I felt the same when my youngest sister walked in the ALS Walk (in Ontario, Canada) back in 2000 with my mother , who had Lou Gehrigs. Hopefully someday in the future I can do an ALS Walk for my mother too! Thank you for your blog!