Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Tradition

Through out the year my sister and I get together to do many things. Shopping where ever and when ever we can. Attending the Scrapbook Expo twice a year, and the list could go on and on and on. However, nothing compares to month of December when we get together for our all out candy making day.
This year as we are so busy we ended up doing it much later in the month than we usually do. But at least we were able to squeeze it in.
Today we made 4 batches of Divinity, 2 batches of Toffee, 2 batches of Cherry-o-lets, 2 batches of caramels, and the final was 1 batch of Fudge (Grandma Olsen Fudge).
It was a fun day for us and I am sure that Rogers and Josh enjoyed watching football. Especially since the Titian's and the 49ers pulled off a win. woot! woot!
A little bit of this and a whole lot of that.

Kristina and I getting started for the day of fun Candy making

I wonder if Rogers knows that I can see him checking out some of the finished product. Kristina puts the finishing touches on the last batch of Toffee.

Now he is really caught red handed.

5 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

did i just see that you made divinide or however you spell it!!! i dont recall getting any of that!!! ohhh now that is the best stuff in all of the world and i cant make it. could you teach me how?? my grandme use to make it and has passed on now and i have never been about to get it out of the liquid faze. help!! merry christmas to you and your family.

Nyman's said...

It was fun, I can't wait to take it around to all my neighbors...or just eat it myself. Anyway thanks for coming up, it was really a fun day..Now I need a rest, my feet are killing me!

mandy said...

Love your cute pisture on the top. Isnt it great to be close with your sis.

symony said...

You know if you ever need a taste tester I would be more than happy to do that for you!!!!

Unknown said...

that is COOL! I only made candy and cookies that burnt and caramal at Halloween:) I want to go to the scrapbook expo next year with you all please!