Saturday, December 6, 2008

Time is Getting away from Me

I can't believe that it is already December. Can anyone really tell me where the time goes? It has been awhile since my last post so I will try and catch up.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so bless to be where I am in my life. I am so thankful to have all of my family around, so that we can get together for the holidays.

On Thanksgiving I think I must have been so overwhelmed with everything that was going on, seeing Tyson home for the holiday and all the good food, I forgot and I only took one funny picture.



Kristina loves the marshmallows on the sweet potatoes and she told my mom that there were not enough on them. Of course my mom told her to put more on them if she wanted and 'Boy did she'. I had to take a picture of them in the oven the marshmallows were swelling up so big they were lifting off the glass lid. I have to admit they were very very tasty.

The Saturday following Thanksgiving was Rogers 41 Birthday. He thinks he is old but I have to keep telling him that we are not old. Well maybe we are but you are only as old as you feel right? and I still think that I am young.

Deven and Holly came over and spent the day with us for Rogers birthday and it made a perfect time to set on of our Christmas trees up. When I say one tree that is correct. I have to have two. One in the family room where we are all the time and one in the front window of our house. They are both really pretty when they are lit up at night.

Getting these three to smile for a picture is like pulling teeth. I always have to tell Deven after I take the first picture. "Ok this one is mine so smile nice". That usually works.
Here is the tree in our family room down stairs. I think Rogers and the kids did a great job decorating this tree. We call this tree our star tree. We made lots and lots of star ornaments last year for it. It was really fun to get them out this year and see them again.
Stay tuned for the other tree and the lights that Rogers so willing hung on the house. I can't tell you enough what a lucky girl I am.


3 comments:

symony said...

That sounds like lots of fun you are worse then I am about christmas I just love it so much but too lazy to put up two trees! GOOD JOB!! I love it!

Nyman's said...

Yeah yeah yeah we have to have the marshmellows on the yams. Makes them so yummy!!

Unknown said...

I thought those sweet potatos were DELISH!